(I put you in your coming home outfit for your one month birthday, crazy how much more you fill it out now!! You are growing wayyy too fast baby boy!)
I remember thinking a month went by fast with Kayden, but with your second baby it's even faster. It feels like I blinked and the time disappeared. I really feel like I was just trying to decide if I was in labor or not and now he is a month old.
This past month he has changed so much. I'm not sure how much he weighs but I can tell he has gotten alot bigger. His newborn clothes are now too small:( And he is filling out his 0-3 clothes alot more. He has gotten alot longer too! This past month he has really "Stretched out". He went from that tiny newborn scrunched in a ball to a much longer infant that likes to kick and stretch his legs and wave his arms around. He still does love to be scrunched up in a wrap or on my belly but it isn't all the time like it used to be.
He also is now awake a little more than before. He still loves to sleep but his awake times are getting a little longer. If I'm wearing him or he is on a drive in the carseat though he is always asleep. And at night he still sleeps great! He goes to bed for the night around 7pm and usually wakes around midnight to nurse and then around 3am and sometimes again around 5:00am or so. He just nurses and is right back asleep. I can't even get him to nurse on both sides in the night, he just wants a quick belly filler and then is out again. I really enjoy our night time nursing sessions (when I don't fall asleep!). I like the quiet time when it's just he and I. I find that a hard thing having 2 kiddos, sharing my time w/ two is hard, especially when one is very demanding. So at night when the house is quiet and all is good and peaceful I really soak up the little sounds Brecken makes and cherish how he stares into my eyes as he takes his big gulps. You sleep in bed with us on your side snuggled right in next to me. You do like to be swaddled to sleep but you don't need to be so most nights I don't but sometimes I do for naps b/c it helps you sleep longer.
We've covered, eating and sleeping...what else do newborns do??? Poop:) Won't get into details here but he has went from the newborn size diapers to the size 1 pampers already, happened about a week or 2 ago. It was hard for me to make the switch but after one too many blowouts I decided it was time:) He still does manage to blow out alot, seems to happen way more when I take him out, I always have to have a change of clothes! After it happened twice I realized that is why your supposed to just stay home w/ a newborn, going out is too much work!
You also still love your bath, the water has to be warm but if it is you are very content in there!
This month you also got to meet alot of your family! Both sets of grandparents came to see you (grandma W was here for the whole month...thanks mom!!! you made the month be a nice, peaceful transition from 1 to 2, a great gift!), your uncles Mark and Kurt and your new Aunt Carrie came down for Thanksgiving and then on Thanksgiving day you got to meet my Aunt Martha, and my cousins, Brian (and Montessa and Gavriel), Ray and Lizzy, Sarah and Amber! What a big month of introductions! Can't wait for you to meet more of the family over Christmas!
And a BIG one for this month!! You started smiling!! You smiled from day one when sleeping or whatever but you smiled back to us around 2 and 1/2 weeks! And now you fill our days with your sweet little smile!!:)
A funny story about outings with a newborn...One day mom and I went to paradise for lunch. Brecken and I were waiting for them to bring our food, he blew out, I went to the car to change him and while I was changing him he preceeded to poop all over the front seat in the tahoe and then started peeing all over me! Fun times:) I wasn't used to going out w/ a newborn yet so I didn't have enough wipes or diapers for the incident. I also wasn't used to my boobies leaking so while this is all going on I have spots on my shirt showing that my milk was ready for my little munchkin! When I finally got back to eat my sandwhich my bread was dry (we were sitting outside)and mom and Kayden were finished eating. So we tried to distract Kayden so I could eat and then Kayden preceeded to try and pull his pants down in front of everyone to "potty in the rocks like Didi". At that point I realized I should just stay home! It was a circus and I even had my mom there to help me, not sure what I would have done by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment