Uncle Kurt and Brecken
Carrie, Kayden, Uncle Mark, Brecken and I and Uncle Kurt
Mark, Brecken & Carrie (early in the morning before flying out on Sunday!)
Kayden and Brecken on Thanksgiving (Thankful for eachother I'm sure:)
Uncle Mark and Carrie trying to torment me!
Everyone making Thanksgiving Candy
Our Chocolate lover (not sure where he gets that from:)
Uncle Kurt w/ his boys!
This year with Brecken being born so close to Thanksgiving we had our family down to AZ for the holiday. My mom was already here for her month long stint of helping after baby boy was born and my brothers and Carrie flew in late Tuesday night. Kayden LOVES my brothers and Carrie! He talked about them coming for at least 2 weeks before they were to arrive. We had a photographer come the Saturday before and the way we could get him to smile everytime was by asking him who was coming to see him on Tuesday! He would get a huge smile and tell the photographer Uncle Mart and Carrie and Uncle Kurt. I LOVE that he loves his family so much. Not sure if anything could make me happier. I love that he knows that they are special and will always be there no matter what, family is the best and I'm so glad at his little age he already realizes it! Makes me feel like Kyle and I must be doing something right:)!
We did a lot of cooking and alot of eating and shopping while they were here. On Thursday my cousin Brian, his wife Montessa and her son Gavriel came along with my Aunt Martha and my cousins Little Ray and his girl Lizzy, Sarah and Amber. Montessa's parents also came. So we had a houseful! Kayden loved having "so many people at my house" and he'd smile big. He took a special liking to Martha, maybe he just knows she's my Godmother:)
Friday morning I was up nursing Brecken around 2:45 and we left to shop at 3:30am. yes, you read right! It's a family tradition, we do it every year, I can remember doing it wayyyy back when I was a little girl b/c I thought I had to go w/ all my aunts and mom. It's only once a year, we join the crazies and stand in long lines and think we are getting great deals. Since Breck is so tiny we brought him along. He just slept the entire time in either his carseat or one of my carriers. We started at 4am and shopped until 1pm! It was a big day! And we welcomed Carrie to the family by subjecting her to our crazy shopping day.
Friday night the boys all went to the hockey game including Kayden and the girls stayed home and watched My Sister's Keeper and snuggled with Brecken. I guess Kayden LOVED the Coyote and was thrilled to get to give him a high 5 TWICE:) After he saw him I guess he kept saying over and over "want that yote, want that yote" and drove daddy and uncles crazy saying it!
Saturday I took the crew to Lone Butte Casino...I gambled a whopping $7! And I hated doing even that much, all I could think of was that I could have gotten 2 Starbucks with that meme! I'm NOT a gambler at all but they wanted to go so I decided to try...and it didn't work, I just couldn't make myself put any more than that $7 in those money eating machines. Carrie though I think only did $5 so I guess I have a gambling buddy for next time, we can just sit and drink or something:) That night we went to SanTan Flats and ate outside by the firepits and made smores. Kayden and I also got jiggy w/ it on the dance floor. He was SO happy to dance and boogied down:) I had the best night dancing with my little man and I'm so happy he likes to dance w/ his mama since his daddy doesn't!
So glad we got to spend Thanksgiving with our family! It was great having you all here! So glad we got to make so many great memories with you this Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving Hingst Family!
Love-Auntie A
Post a Comment