Tuesday, April 29, 2008

10 month update!






Kayden is now a double digit baby! He turned 10 months yesterday and I still am amazed at how time flies when your having fun! He is so much fun and brightens every moment of our life. I still get to wake up to that adorable smile everyday, I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to get to be Kayden's mommy!
This month Kayden had a cold, but mommy had it way worse! I think he got lots of antibodies from the breastmilk that helped him just suffer a little bit, I'm glad if one of us had to get it worse that it was me! Right after we both started feeling better from the cold Kayden got the tummy flu and threw up for the first time:( Poor baby! It was so sad to watch him and see how uncomfortable and confused he was. He started throwing up around 3:30 on April 22nd and kept throwing up that night till about 8pm. The next morning he woke up with a 103 auxillary temperature (converts to 104!!!) Mommy was a little freaked out by the temp b/c he has never had one that high. The nurse at our doctor's office assured me it went with the flu he had gotten and she even called to check on him! Made me fall in love with our doctor's office that they care enough about their patients to check in on them! But his fever broke that afternoon and he started feeling alot better. For those 24 hours he had no energy and would just lay across my lap falling asleep often. We took alot of showers during this time b/c he couldn't tell me he was going to get sick so we'd both get drenched....not fun. But yay for a healthy baby! I guess if sickness brings anything good it is an appreciation for health!!! Daddy says that our playgroup needs to be more careful about sick babies coming, but I keep reminding him it could have been from Target;-) or Walmart or starbucks. The doctor's office said the bug had hit the valley really hard!
Kayden's eating has been changing from less purees to more finger foods, mommy continues to make all of his foods from organic produce. We still haven't done any meat yet, so for now he is a baby vegetarian;-) On his 10 month birthday I did give him egg yolks for the first time & he wasn't a fan.....so I guess now he would be considered a lacto-ovo vegetarian (dairy products and eggs). I will give him meat sometime soon because while I agree that you don't need meat in your diet, daddy and I aren't vegetarians so I figure it will come sooner or later. When he does get meat though it will only be organic and will be hard for me to give him but I'm sure it is coming son. Will update with his first bite of chicken or ground beef sometime soon......sooner than I'd like if daddy has his way! Grilled cheese is a new favorite for Kayden! He loves when Aunt Jaclyn sneaks him grilled cheese at Joe's and he really loves when she gives him french fries. I figure I don't want him to be the nerdie kid carrying around carrots at birthday parties so as long as I keep him as healthy as possible most of the time, a treat here and there won't hurt him.........I'm worried though that he is going to think I'm the mean mom and Jaclyn is fun Aunt Jaclyn. So I might have to give him a treat here and there too, we shall see;-) While he was sick he wasn't eating anything but breastmilk, no big surprise there. He is still nursing throughout the day and night and uses it for his primary nutrition and of course mommy snuggles! He also is a huge fan of his yobaby yogurt and opens his mouth very wide for that spoon! Cheese is also a huge favorite, he could eat and eat cheese. Green veggies are still a battle and he is winning. If I try and feed him anything green he decides to refuse the rest of his meal......and I don't want him to not eat. He has also decided he hates his oatmeal cereal and clamps his mouth shut and shakes his head and hand no no over and over if he sees it in the spoon. He is the typical breastfed baby and loves all things sweet...probably a little genetic too b/c mommy has a huge sweet tooth! But I do love my veggies so that part would have to come from daddy!
Daddy or I continue to rock him to sleep for his naps and at night and we love that quiet, snuggle time with our cuddly little boy! When he is sleepy he loves to snuggle his head into our chests and we love when he does it right back! His naps are getting to be about 1-2 hours each which is great and such a change from the boy that would only take a 20 minute nap here and there unless I was holding him. We still have our routine of reading Goodnight Moon and then saying our prayers with the prayer bear that his Godparents gave him for his baptism. He LOVES his prayer bear and won't let us put him to sleep without saying his prayers with him. I love that the little bear has helped us incorporate God into his life at such an early stage. At night he continues to start in his crib and sleeps there from 8-11 or sometimes 3am! The nights he sleeps in his crib till 3 I don't sleep well at all. I miss him so much and I worry about him being all the way across the house but I hold strong and let him be till he needs me and then he comes right to our bed;-)
He continues to be Mr. mobile, crawling all over the place, pulling himself up on anything he can, cruising along furniture, making anything he can into a walking toy and standing here and there on his own (but as soon as he realizes he is doing it he still plops down onto his bootie!) He loves his "cabinet" in our kitchen. It is full of these little stainless steal pots and pans I got for him that he loves to bang like crazy and tupperware that he can play with. He thinks he is a big helper when I'm putting dishes away, pulling things out of the dishwasher and if he sees the fridge door open he races to get to the fridge and if we close it before he can "check it out" he lets us know he is not happy! He has also perfected his "bye bye" and "hi" skills and waves whenever he hears those words. Even if no one is there to wave bye bye too if I say "we are going bye bye" he starts to wave. And he is SO proud of himself. He loves doing it and smiles big, as if he is saying, yep I'm good, I can now say bye bye;-) He is starting to do the sign for milk more and more and we are working on "more" too but mommy needs to be a little more consistent with the signs. He knows what the sign thank you means but hasn't done it himself yet. He loves to share his food with mommy, daddy and Fifi and loves when we tell him thank you! Books continue to be a favorite of his and he loves to turn the pages and feel the textures in his texture books. His red car is another favorite, he loves when he gets in it because he knows that means he is going outside to help daddy with the pool or to the mailbox or to the park to swing. Grammie & Grandpa W just ordered him his wagon and it should be here within the week! He LOVES Tatum's wagon so he is super excited to get his! It will be great for the summer because it has a canopy and AZ summers are brutal!
This has been such a fun month with Kayden, he learns something new everyday and I love seeing the world through his innocent, trusting little eyes. He is such a loving little boy always ready to give us a big, slobbery kiss or a tight hug and I think he hears "I love you" more than any other phrase, at least a 100 times a day from daddy and I. But I'll write it here too baby boy, we love you to the moon and back!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 10 month Kayden! (Day late sorry, but we did see you yesterday) =)

Jac said...

Wow, what a big boy! Its been so fun to watch him grow up and we have grown to love him just like he was family!

Christa said...

Two months till the big one buddy, I can hardley believe it! Missing you guys soo much and can't believe how fast time flies. I need to post Tula's but am going to wait till I get home. I was just missing you all and wanted to log on and see your beautiful faces. Kaisha- LOVE the pictures! You are doing such a great job already!

Happy 10 months Kayden!