Tonight as you slept in my arms I looked at your toes and fingers and couldn't believe how much they have grown in a year. A year. A year changes so much when you are only one. It really shows us grown-ups the meaning of time.
Happy 1st Birthday my baby boy. You turned one on Saturday and I can hardly believe it. I would swear I just had you. You were just placed on my chest and our eyes just met, you just looked at me for the first time and calmed your screams because you knew I was your mom and we had always known eachother. Our hearts beat in a rythm together for 38 weeks and 6 days. I felt every kick, hiccup and roll inside of my tummy. And now you are a 24 pound baby boy turning 1!
This past year with you has been amazing. You teach me everyday about happiness. You are such a sweet, happy little soul, you wake up with a big smile and go to sleep at night with that same smile on your sweet little face. Everytime you see me your face lights up and I get to see that perfect smile again on your adorable face. You giggle all day long and if you hear anyone else laughing your giggle begins even if you don't know why you should be laughing.
You love to cuddle, your little head knows just where to lay on my chest to cuddle in just so. You often pat my back as your snuggling in for some mommy love, I love that so much and it always makes me smile to feel your little hand patting away.
And of course, you are such a smartie, you love learning your animal sounds and growl when you see pictures or toys that are Lion, Bears, and dinosaurs (or if we ask you what those animals say). You "moo" like cow, "woof" like a doggie, and pound your chest like a gorilla (but you prefer to come and pound my chest if I'm around:). You say mama, dada, hot, bye bye, and hi and sign eat, bath, more, drink and all done. You started walking a couple weeks ago but you still prefer to crawl, you think your faster that way. But when you do walk you are so proud of yourself and smile from ear to ear. You love puzzles and blocks and cars and trains. And bring me books all day long to read. Your FAVORITE book is "Barnyard Dance", if I'm reading you another book and you see that book, you'll grab it and open it and start pointing for me to read that book. That is another thing you love doing, pointing, at everything you see and everything you want us to look at with you! Any toy big brother likes is your favorite right now too. You LOVE your bath and could play in the water for hours. You love to be outside and get upset if someone runs something outside and you don't get to join them for some outside playtime! You are getting less tolerant of big brother taking things from you and let us know when you aren't happy. You sleep with mommy and daddy most of the night but take naps in your crib. You nurse on demand and eat 3 meals a day, you feed yourself most of the time, the only food we really still spoon feed you is your yobaby yogurt. You've had pretty much all of what we do other than peanuts/nuts and honey. You've had organic, whole milk and you'll drink some! Your a little stinker when we change your diaper and roll around and get cranky with us about it. But you are a champ in the car and we are so thankful for that! In the Tahoe when we are driving and you are tired you hum yourself to sleep:) You love your big brother and always want to play with/by him. You also love your daddy and get super excited when he gets home from work. But right now, your greatest love is for your mommy:) You prefer to always have me in your sight and if I'm playing with you or holding you or sleeping with you, you are completely content. Mommy loves this stage. I love that I am who you want when you cry or when your sad, or when you want to laugh. I adore you too little man and enjoy every second that I spend with you!
Happy first birthday baby boy. It has been a wonderful year and we are so very blessed to have you in our family. I have cherished each moment you've slept in my arms or cuddled up next to me, each smile you've given me, and each laugh we've shared. I feel so very thankful everytime I look at you, my heart swells up and it feels like it's going to burst. You were made for me little man and I am so very thankful to have you as my son. We all love you to the moon and back a million times!
Love,
Mommy XOXOXOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment