Monday, September 6, 2010

The Night Before....


The big day and this mama can't stop crying. It just seems so monumental to me. The beginning of something so big. The crossing over from my baby to my big boy. From now on every year we will have a summer break, a fall school shopping spree, a meet the teacher day, a first day picture. So much is starting tomorrow. I just can't get over the bigness of it. So what do I do? Cry like a baby! Guess if he isn't one anymore I can revert to one!

Tonight we read The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. It's a book I used to read to my speech students the first week of school and I loved it then but as a mommy it is a totally different book. Chester is about to go to school for the first time and his mommy gives him a special kiss in his hand so that she will be w/ him all day and at the end of the book Chester gives his mommy a kiss so that he will be w/ her while he is gone. And what does my little sweetie do? Takes my hand and gives me a kiss (as I'm crying!) and tells me it will be okay. Those are the moments that make you think you must be doing something right as a parent b/c empathy is so important for humanity and our little guy has it. So glad we had our special Kissing Hand moment tonight before his big day tomorrow!

No comments: