Happy 20 month birthday Kayden. This past month has been a busy month for you, you have changed alot and have become even more of an independent little person.
Some of my favorites this month:
*You are a huge climber, climb on everything, non-stop. You stack things to climb and have figured out it is a fun way to get to things you aren't supposed to. You move chairs to climb or "help" in the kitchen.
*You love to brush your teeth! YAY!! I'm so glad it isn't a struggle anymore, you get your own toothpaste out in the morning and give me my toothpaste. You move your stool in front of the sink and wait for me to give you your toothbrush and then we "brush-a-brush-a-brush-a" together and sing the song.
*You have gone pee-pee in the potty several times now! Mommy isn't rushing this one though...my phobia of public restrooms will not go over well when I have a toddler asking to pee in every public place we go!
*You love to use the word "pease" for please and think that if you say it we should always give you what you want, like it is your magic "yes" word. Lucky for you it is pretty hard for me to say no to that cute face saying "pease"
*You love to be outside so much. We go to the park everyday after your afternoon nap and you play with the neighborhood kids. You love watching the big kids.
*You love to play in the sand, pouring it into buckets and your dump truck are super fun. We def have a reason for a daily bath these days!
*You love order, things have to be a certain way. You get upset if I break your food into pieces, you like it whole, you get upset if mommy or daddy takes a bite out of your food, b/c you want it in it's "perfect" form. You also like to close all the doors in the house before we leave.
*You love babies so much right now!
*You have started saying 3 word phrases like, "more milk please"
*You like knowing the colors of things, like "white truck" and you say "white truck" as one drives by. You also use other describing words like-wet, dry, hot, cold, big, tall.
*You love learning right now, learning colors, shapes, numbers and letters is alot of fun for you. You love when we draw them in the sand, or find them in books, or in our environment. You call the alphabet "A" and numbers "1". You still love to read too which makes mommy so happy! This morning you got out of bed and brought daddy and I the truck book to read to you (you shoved it in our faces to wake us up:-)
*Pizza, noodles, berries, grapes, mixed veggies, waffles, oatmeal, snackbars, fruit sticks, bunny crackers, rice and quesadillas are your favorite foods right now, feeding you other foods can be a struggle.
*You still only drink water and breastmilk, I keep trying milk but we are making no progress. I've offered juice several times and that isn't something you like either, a couple times I have brought a tiny juice box of organic juice to the park and you will drink about 1/2 of it, but you'd prefer water. I thought maybe if you'd drink juice you might realize that milk is okay too, but I guess I should be happy you just want water. Mommy is trying to nudge the weaning process along a little bit. You are very attached to your num nums and are resisting with all your power and might. We have gotten rid of your morning nursing session and your session before nap is really short now. You still have to nurse to sleep at night unless mommy is not in the house, then daddy can get you down with alot of patience:-) We are also working on weaning your night nursing, you still think it is great to have your midnight snacks but we are trying to eliminate this too. We are taking it slow and doing it gently but hoping it is a smooth transition.
*Your still taking 1 nap a day, usually you go down around 1pm, sometimes earlier, sometimes later depending on the events of the day. Your nap lasts from about 1.5 hours to 3 hours......usually not 3 but sometimes.
*You love kicking the soccer ball around and have pretty good control of it, you also like shooting hoops and playing golf and baseball. You are a sporty boy and mommy still smiles everytime I see your little run!
*You like to pick out your clothes and will tell me if you don't want to wear something. You would prefer to be nekkid all day if I'd let you.
*You love to help with anything and everything. If I'm doing the dishes I'll suddenly find you next to me, you carry your little chair so you can be tall enough and then "help" rinse the dishes. You have to help make dinner too and unload the dishwasher (this was your first way of helping, you've been doing it for months, you always do the silverware and plastic dishes). You have to help me carry in the groceries and try really hard to carry the heavy things...like jugs of water, such a little man!
*Your really good at drinking out of a cup w/o a sippy lid. I was putting this off for a long time b/c I was scared of the mess, but the past couple weeks I decided to give you a little in a big boy cup at meals and you do great, no messes at all. You've even climbed up on the table to get to my drink and haven't spilled a full big cup! Guess I shouldn't have been worried. You are also great w/ your spoon and fork now too.
*You love to brush your teeth! YAY!! I'm so glad it isn't a struggle anymore, you get your own toothpaste out in the morning and give me my toothpaste. You move your stool in front of the sink and wait for me to give you your toothbrush and then we "brush-a-brush-a-brush-a" together and sing the song.
*You have gone pee-pee in the potty several times now! Mommy isn't rushing this one though...my phobia of public restrooms will not go over well when I have a toddler asking to pee in every public place we go!
*You love to use the word "pease" for please and think that if you say it we should always give you what you want, like it is your magic "yes" word. Lucky for you it is pretty hard for me to say no to that cute face saying "pease"
*You love to be outside so much. We go to the park everyday after your afternoon nap and you play with the neighborhood kids. You love watching the big kids.
*You love to play in the sand, pouring it into buckets and your dump truck are super fun. We def have a reason for a daily bath these days!
*You love order, things have to be a certain way. You get upset if I break your food into pieces, you like it whole, you get upset if mommy or daddy takes a bite out of your food, b/c you want it in it's "perfect" form. You also like to close all the doors in the house before we leave.
*You love babies so much right now!
*You have started saying 3 word phrases like, "more milk please"
*You like knowing the colors of things, like "white truck" and you say "white truck" as one drives by. You also use other describing words like-wet, dry, hot, cold, big, tall.
*You love learning right now, learning colors, shapes, numbers and letters is alot of fun for you. You love when we draw them in the sand, or find them in books, or in our environment. You call the alphabet "A" and numbers "1". You still love to read too which makes mommy so happy! This morning you got out of bed and brought daddy and I the truck book to read to you (you shoved it in our faces to wake us up:-)
*Pizza, noodles, berries, grapes, mixed veggies, waffles, oatmeal, snackbars, fruit sticks, bunny crackers, rice and quesadillas are your favorite foods right now, feeding you other foods can be a struggle.
*You still only drink water and breastmilk, I keep trying milk but we are making no progress. I've offered juice several times and that isn't something you like either, a couple times I have brought a tiny juice box of organic juice to the park and you will drink about 1/2 of it, but you'd prefer water. I thought maybe if you'd drink juice you might realize that milk is okay too, but I guess I should be happy you just want water. Mommy is trying to nudge the weaning process along a little bit. You are very attached to your num nums and are resisting with all your power and might. We have gotten rid of your morning nursing session and your session before nap is really short now. You still have to nurse to sleep at night unless mommy is not in the house, then daddy can get you down with alot of patience:-) We are also working on weaning your night nursing, you still think it is great to have your midnight snacks but we are trying to eliminate this too. We are taking it slow and doing it gently but hoping it is a smooth transition.
*Your still taking 1 nap a day, usually you go down around 1pm, sometimes earlier, sometimes later depending on the events of the day. Your nap lasts from about 1.5 hours to 3 hours......usually not 3 but sometimes.
*You love kicking the soccer ball around and have pretty good control of it, you also like shooting hoops and playing golf and baseball. You are a sporty boy and mommy still smiles everytime I see your little run!
*You like to pick out your clothes and will tell me if you don't want to wear something. You would prefer to be nekkid all day if I'd let you.
*You love to help with anything and everything. If I'm doing the dishes I'll suddenly find you next to me, you carry your little chair so you can be tall enough and then "help" rinse the dishes. You have to help make dinner too and unload the dishwasher (this was your first way of helping, you've been doing it for months, you always do the silverware and plastic dishes). You have to help me carry in the groceries and try really hard to carry the heavy things...like jugs of water, such a little man!
*Your really good at drinking out of a cup w/o a sippy lid. I was putting this off for a long time b/c I was scared of the mess, but the past couple weeks I decided to give you a little in a big boy cup at meals and you do great, no messes at all. You've even climbed up on the table to get to my drink and haven't spilled a full big cup! Guess I shouldn't have been worried. You are also great w/ your spoon and fork now too.
*You are very into pretend play with your stuffed animals, you feed them, clothe them, read to them, have me do things for them, you are a very caring stuffed animal daddy!
You amaze me everyday in a new way and you light our life in such a wonderful way, Daddy and I are so blessed to be your mommy and daddy!
3 comments:
such fun things you are up to kayden! just love reading all about your doings!
Kayden you are such a cutie and so smart. The things you come up with can always make me laugh!
Love~
Auntie A
you have a smart little dude on your hands!
Post a Comment