Thursday, April 11, 2013
Our Chapter in Manhattan, Kansas is about to end....
and I'm feeling sappy about it.
This has been an amazing chapter for us. In this chapter, we got to start and finish Kayden's preschool career. We got to see our little Breck go from a brand new bambino to a smart, funny, loving 3.5 year old toddler. We were able to see Breck make his first friends and start his preschool career. This chapter also brought us the daughter we had wished, hoped and dreamed of. We became parents to a girl for the first time here in Manhattan and watched our family go from 4 to 5! We got to experience having neighbors we love and had a backyard full of laughing, giggling kiddos playing all summer long. We made some amazing friends that allowed Kansas to be a home and not just a stop along the way. We got to experience being a drive away from our siblings and parents for the first time. We welcomed 2 new nieces while we were here and our proximity allowed us to meet them RIGHT away instead of coordinating flight times we just got to hop in the car and GO! Kayden and Breck both got to play sports for the first time here in Manhattan.
And June 1st we have to close this chapter of our lives and say goodbye to these friends and the community we have grown to love so much. I remember when we left AZ I was crying to my friends there telling them I would be a hermit in KS b/c I wouldn't meet anyone I loved like them....and here I am, wanting to cry thinking about saying good bye to these friends and their kiddos I love to pieces. Thank goodness Facebook.......makes being far away alot easier!
I never thought we would live in KS...and especially not Manhattan, KS and now I am moving to Texas..another state I never thought I would live in. Part of me is scared and sad and anxious but it seems wherever we go God takes care of us, he gives us a family of friends that are there for us during the fun times and the hard times so as this chapter closes, I am going to embrace the next one with open arms. I'm going to jump into this new adventure with an open heart and mind and pray that I have more "texan" in me than I know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment