My World!
On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 my water starting leaking around 4pm. I wasn’t 100% sure it was my water though so Daddy, Mommy and your big brothers went for a walk that night and since contractions didn’t start I decided to wait it out, still not sure if it was really your water leaking or not. I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning. Got your big brother Brecken ready for his 1st day of preschool and took him to school. On my way out of his preschool I was pretty sure my water was leaking. So I called our OB and talked to the nurse. She called me back after talking to Dr. Welch who said she wanted to see my right away to see if it was my water or not. I got to her office around 11:30 am on Wednesday, September 7, 2011. When she was feeling you she moved you enough that a big gush of water came out. She told me this was obviously your bag of waters and I needed to get to the hospital to have you! So I went home to get my bag and say goodbye to your brothers, daddy picked Brecken up from preschool and once he got him home we both left for the hospital. We checked in around 1:30pm and they started my fluids flowing and slow pitocin. I was nervous about the pitocin because I was a VBAC mommy and I would rather avoid pitocin like I did with big brother Brecken. But your bag of waters had been ruptured since the day before and contractions weren’t starting so it was either using some low dose of pitocin or going straight to a c-section. We decided to do the pitocin, the nurses assured me Dr. Welch was very careful with pitocin and this made me feel a little better. We hung out in our labor room. They decided to put in my epidural but not start the medicine until I needed it.
At 7:20 when the doctor checked me I was still only 3cm and 75 percent effaced, and you were between a station-1 and -2. By 8:15pm I was 6cm, almost 100 percent effaced and you were at a 0 station. You started having some heart rate dips so I had to lay on different sides to get you happy, this started making mommy a little nervous! But by 8:45pm I only had a lip of cervix left so they had me push through the lip and I was ready to push you out! Once Dr. Welch could see your head she told me you had a head full of dark hair! I was so surprised to hear this, the Dr. had daddy look to confirm it! Once your head was out I had to stop pushing so Dr. Welch could cut your umbilical chord, it was wrapped tightly around your neck and you couldn’t come out the rest of the way without her cutting it.
You were born at 9:21pm. They placed you on my chest right away and I was in LOVE with you baby girl! You were perfect. in. every. way. They were stimulating you on my chest and you didn’t pink up as fast as they wanted so they took you over to give you some “blow by” oxygen and you got pink right away and were brought back to me. Daddy and I couldn’t stop staring at you, we felt so blessed to have our healthy baby girl in our arms. Mommy cried and smiled at the same time because I was just so happy to have you here with us! You nursed within the first half hour and latched correctly right away and did awesome!
When mommy got up to go to the bathroom the first time I passed out and they had to put ammonia under my nose to get me to come to. After that we got to go to our recovery room and mommy spent most of the night holding you, nursing you and staring at you. You are absolutely Maycie’s Birth Story
On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 my water starting leaking around 4pm. I wasn’t 100% sure it was my water though so Daddy, Mommy and your big brothers went for a walk that night and since contractions didn’t start I decided to wait it out, still not sure if it was really your water leaking or not. I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning. Got your big brother Brecken ready for his 1st day of preschool and took him to school. On my way out of his preschool I was pretty sure my water was leaking. So I called our OB and talked to the nurse. She called me back after talking to Dr. Welch who said she wanted to see my right away to see if it was my water or not. I got to her office around 11:30 am on Wednesday, September 7, 2011. When she was feeling you she moved you enough that a big gush of water came out. She told me this was obviously your bag of waters and I needed to get to the hospital to have you! So I went home to get my bag and say goodbye to your brothers, daddy picked Brecken up from preschool and once he got him home we both left for the hospital. We checked in around 1:30pm and they started my fluids flowing and slow pitocin. I was nervous about the pitocin because I was a VBAC mommy and I would rather avoid pitocin like I did with big brother Brecken. But your bag of waters had been ruptured since the day before and contractions weren’t starting so it was either using some low dose of pitocin or going straight to a c-section. We decided to do the pitocin, the nurses assured me Dr. Welch was very careful with pitocin and this made me feel a little better. We hung out in our labor room. They decided to put in my epidural but not start the medicine until I needed it.
At 7:20 when the doctor checked me I was still only 3cm and 75 percent effaced, and you were between a station-1 and -2. By 8:15pm I was 6cm, almost 100 percent effaced and you were at a 0 station. You started having some heart rate dips so I had to lay on different sides to get you happy, this started making mommy a little nervous! But by 8:45pm I only had a lip of cervix left so they had me push through the lip and I was ready to push you out! Once Dr. Welch could see your head she told me you had a head full of dark hair! I was so surprised to hear this, the Dr. had daddy look to confirm it! Once your head was out I had to stop pushing so Dr. Welch could cut your umbilical chord, it was wrapped tightly around your neck and you couldn’t come out the rest of the way without her cutting it.
You were born at 9:21pm. They placed you on my chest right away and I was in LOVE with you baby girl! You were perfect. in. every. way. They were stimulating you on my chest and you didn’t pink up as fast as they wanted so they took you over to give you some “blow by” oxygen and you got pink right away and were brought back to me. Daddy and I couldn’t stop staring at you, we felt so blessed to have our healthy baby girl in our arms. Mommy cried and smiled at the same time because I was just so happy to have you here with us! You nursed within the first half hour and latched correctly right away and did awesome!
When mommy got up to go to the bathroom the first time I passed out and they had to put ammonia under my nose to get me to come to. After that we got to go to our recovery room and mommy spent most of the night holding you, nursing you and staring at you. You are absolutely Maycie’s Birth Story
On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 my water starting leaking around 4pm. I wasn’t 100% sure it was my water though so Daddy, Mommy and your big brothers went for a walk that night and since contractions didn’t start I decided to wait it out, still not sure if it was really your water leaking or not. I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning. Got your big brother Brecken ready for his 1st day of preschool and took him to school. On my way out of his preschool I was pretty sure my water was leaking. So I called our OB and talked to the nurse. She called me back after talking to Dr. Welch who said she wanted to see my right away to see if it was my water or not. I got to her office around 11:30 am on Wednesday, September 7, 2011. When she was feeling you she moved you enough that a big gush of water came out. She told me this was obviously your bag of waters and I needed to get to the hospital to have you! So I went home to get my bag and say goodbye to your brothers, daddy picked Brecken up from preschool and once he got him home we both left for the hospital. We checked in around 1:30pm and they started my fluids flowing and slow pitocin. I was nervous about the pitocin because I was a VBAC mommy and I would rather avoid pitocin like I did with big brother Brecken. But your bag of waters had been ruptured since the day before and contractions weren’t starting so it was either using some low dose of pitocin or going straight to a c-section. We decided to do the pitocin, the nurses assured me Dr. Welch was very careful with pitocin and this made me feel a little better. We hung out in our labor room. They decided to put in my epidural but not start the medicine until I needed it.
At 7:20 when the doctor checked me I was still only 3cm and 75 percent effaced, and you were between a station-1 and -2. By 8:15pm I was 6cm, almost 100 percent effaced and you were at a 0 station. You started having some heart rate dips so I had to lay on different sides to get you happy, this started making mommy a little nervous! But by 8:45pm I only had a lip of cervix left so they had me push through the lip and I was ready to push you out! Once Dr. Welch could see your head she told me you had a head full of dark hair! I was so surprised to hear this, the Dr. had daddy look to confirm it! Once your head was out I had to stop pushing so Dr. Welch could cut your umbilical chord, it was wrapped tightly around your neck and you couldn’t come out the rest of the way without her cutting it.
You were born at 9:21pm. They placed you on my chest right away and I was in LOVE with you baby girl! You were perfect. in. every. way. They were stimulating you on my chest and you didn’t pink up as fast as they wanted so they took you over to give you some “blow by” oxygen and you got pink right away and were brought back to me. Daddy and I couldn’t stop staring at you, we felt so blessed to have our healthy baby girl in our arms. Mommy cried and smiled at the same time because I was just so happy to have you here with us! You nursed within the first half hour and latched correctly right away and did awesome!
When mommy got up to go to the bathroom the first time I passed out and they had to put ammonia under my nose to get me to come to. After that we got to go to our recovery room and mommy spent most of the night holding you, nursing you and staring at you. You are absolutely Maycie’s Birth Story
On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 my water starting leaking around 4pm. I wasn’t 100% sure it was my water though so Daddy, Mommy and your big brothers went for a walk that night and since contractions didn’t start I decided to wait it out, still not sure if it was really your water leaking or not. I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning. Got your big brother Brecken ready for his 1st day of preschool and took him to school. On my way out of his preschool I was pretty sure my water was leaking. So I called our OB and talked to the nurse. She called me back after talking to Dr. Welch who said she wanted to see my right away to see if it was my water or not. I got to her office around 11:30 am on Wednesday, September 7, 2011. When she was feeling you she moved you enough that a big gush of water came out. She told me this was obviously your bag of waters and I needed to get to the hospital to have you! So I went home to get my bag and say goodbye to your brothers, daddy picked Brecken up from preschool and once he got him home we both left for the hospital. We checked in around 1:30pm and they started my fluids flowing and slow pitocin. I was nervous about the pitocin because I was a VBAC mommy and I would rather avoid pitocin like I did with big brother Brecken. But your bag of waters had been ruptured since the day before and contractions weren’t starting so it was either using some low dose of pitocin or going straight to a c-section. We decided to do the pitocin, the nurses assured me Dr. Welch was very careful with pitocin and this made me feel a little better. We hung out in our labor room. They decided to put in my epidural but not start the medicine until I needed it.
At 7:20 when the doctor checked me I was still only 3cm and 75 percent effaced, and you were between a station-1 and -2. By 8:15pm I was 6cm, almost 100 percent effaced and you were at a 0 station. You started having some heart rate dips so I had to lay on different sides to get you happy, this started making mommy a little nervous! But by 8:45pm I only had a lip of cervix left so they had me push through the lip and I was ready to push you out! Once Dr. Welch could see your head she told me you had a head full of dark hair! I was so surprised to hear this, the Dr. had daddy look to confirm it! Once your head was out I had to stop pushing so Dr. Welch could cut your umbilical chord, it was wrapped tightly around your neck and you couldn’t come out the rest of the way without her cutting it.
You were born at 9:21pm. They placed you on my chest right away and I was in LOVE with you baby girl! You were perfect. in. every. way. They were stimulating you on my chest and you didn’t pink up as fast as they wanted so they took you over to give you some “blow by” oxygen and you got pink right away and were brought back to me. Daddy and I couldn’t stop staring at you, we felt so blessed to have our healthy baby girl in our arms. Mommy cried and smiled at the same time because I was just so happy to have you here with us! You nursed within the first half hour and latched correctly right away and did awesome!
When mommy got up to go to the bathroom the first time I passed out and they had to put ammonia under my nose to get me to come to. After that we got to go to our recovery room and mommy spent most of the night holding you, nursing you and staring at you. You are absolutely gorgeous baby girl! You are our dream come true!
No comments:
Post a Comment