Thursday, December 23, 2010

Vegas Baby!


Crepe at Jean Philippe Patisserie! YUM!

Kyle and I happy houring it:)

Kyle and I went to Vegas. All by ourselves. No littles along. He had a conference there from Monday Nov. 29th-Friday Dec. 3rd. When he found out that his boss was bringing his wife he asked me if I wanted to go....this was way back in September. I said sure, but I'm bringing the baby. That was fine....or so he said. As the trip got closer he started letting me know he didn't really think we should bring the baby. I started kind of agreeing, yet not wanting to leave him either, so that left me not knowing what to do. My heart was super confused and torn. I wanted to be the good wife and go and make my hubby happy, but had this super strong urge to stay with my 12 month old. After lots of talks and moments of confusion I decided to go and leave both little people behind.
It was good. They both survived and Kyle and I got a much needed week to ourselves, the first time in 3 and 1/2 years that we had more than one night kiddo free! We ate at fun places, went out for drinks until late in the night and actually had some conversations with eachother without breaks to feed kiddos or pick forks up off the floor!
During the day while Kyle was at his conference I spent my mornnings drinking Starbucks and my afternoons walking up and down the strip taking it all in and shopping! I do love to shop and it was so fun to get to do it for 3 days!!! One day I had a chocolate crepe for lunch and another day I decided a fancy cupcake would be a suitable meal:)
On Friday as we were flying home I was MORE than ready to see my kiddos. I ended up being very happy I didn't bring baby Breck b/c Vegas is one big ashtray and having all that smoke around him would have drove me BONKERS! So the break was great and fun. But if I had to do it over again I wouldn't have been gone a Monday-Friday, I think 2 nights is the most I would choose to do with how little our babies are but we all survived!

No comments: