Saturday, October 23, 2010
Toddles....
My baby Breck took 8 steps to me on Thursday, October 21. We were outside and he was holding onto the pinwheel, I just randomly set him on his feet and walked back a little bit and asked him to come and to my surprise he did. I couldnt' believe it. The day before Kayden had tried to get him to walk to him and he would just plop down on his knees and crawl to him, so I was expecting his first steps to be days/weeks or so away. But he must have just gotten the courage and done it. I could tell he was "ready" for awhile now, but he just wouldn't go for it. They were 8 tiny little steps and he was SO proud of himself! Mommy cheered and cried and laughed all at once. I was so happy for him because he was so proud of himself but inside I was kind of sad that he was taking this leap to big boy land. We called daddy (who was on his way home from work and was pretty sad he missed it) and told him the big news. When daddy got home he showed him his new moves and walked 3 steps to him. Since Thursday he has been walking 3-5 steps pretty frequently when we ask him to walk to us or just as he plays when he doesn't realize we are watching. And yesterday he walked 12 steps to Kayden which made Kayden SO happy that he walked more steps to him than he did to mommy. I'm SO happy I was there to witness his first steps and that I wasn't out shopping or something random and missed this big monumental moment in my little guys life. Congrats baby boy! You are so cute with your tiny little steps and the big smile you put on your face as you wobble towards us! Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
slow down breck! you are a BABY remember!
~Love you guys! Auntie A
Post a Comment