Monday, March 22, 2010

Big Changes!


The master bath of our house in Manhattan

The heart of the home, the kitchen!

My favorite part-the yard!!


The Hingst family is going in fast forward these days. Life is quickly changing and it's hard for me to keep up. Kyle was very fortunate to have 3 job offers in this horrible economy, our prayers were answered and we are so thankful that we were in the blessed situation to get to choose between moving to San Jose, Chicago and Manhattan, KS. Our choice was Kansas. He is very impressed with the company that offered him the job and I'm very happy to be closer to our families and back to seasons. I feel like the Marley and Me family...they went from Florida to Pennsylvania to return to seasons. That is something I've missed so much while we've lived here. We aren't like most AZ people who moved here to escape the seasons. We just were given job opportunities here that we couldn't refuse at the time and longed for Fall with pretty leaves, winters with white snow snuggled up by the fireplace and spring flowers, dew and rain showers. Thunderstorms. The sound of thunder cracking and watching the sky light up. Miss that so much. Hearing rain pour down your windows. GREEN. Green grass. Green trees.

And family. Being around for graduations, weddings, birthdays, and all the times in between. I want our children to know their families. Know their roots and see the value of being apart of something bigger than our little family. I believe it takes a village to raise a child and I want that village to be the people I love the most. Each person brings something to your child that you can't and I am just so happy that they will get to take all the good from all our loved ones and learn from it.

Along with the good of course comes some hard things. Leaving our friends we have had here for the past 5 years is hard. These people knew Kyle and Kaisha as a young couple with so much to learn. Freshly married, fresh out of college and so new to adult life. Happy hours with friends, late night dinners and drinks, Scottsdale bars, all of those really fun times we had as a newly married couple were with these people. They saw us go from a young couple to a family. It's hard to say goodbye to that. To a constant in your life. AZ is unique in some ways because so many people have relocated here. So many people have no family here that in a way we've made a family here with our friends. We've spent holidays with them when we didn't have out of state visitors fly in. We've celebrated our children's births with them when we had no family here to celebrate with. We've had birthday parties with them for our children and their children and each other. All those things you normally do with your family if you live near by we've done together. Leaving that and those bonds is so hard. I cry each time I think about it and have to realize how much my day to day life is going to change.

My mommy friends. Some of these people I've seen 2-3 times a week for the past 2 years. Leaving that will be hard. Leaving the mommies I spent so much time with while I was figuring out who I was as a mom. The people that were there when Kayden was learning how to sit up, to crawl, to walk. They were there for some of the most important times in my life as a mom. I love their babies so much and I love that my babies love them. I'm THAT mom that doesn't leave their child with anyone and I have people here I would trust with my most precious part of me. That trust and love is so hard to leave.

It's hard because my heart is torn. I'm very excited for all this move is going to bring. But I'm sad for the great things I have to leave behind.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Not gonna lie, got teary eyed reading this one. Love you guys and love your babies...and will just miss you so, so much. That the selfish side of me. but the other side of me is so VERY happy for you, knowing that you are going somewhere you REALLY want to be, and that you are a fantastic family who will be just as loved there as you are here...becasue you are all just you. You guys are the best and it has been a pleasure spending all those hours with you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi ... will too miss you & your family so much. I am really excited for you to be in the midwest again - I know you love it there (and seattle apparently) ... the seasons & green will be phenomenal (I am so jealous) and being near family will be so great for you and them. However, I am so sad you guys are gone and just wish I had had more time with you all. :( I am glad we got to go to Joe's and actually hold a conversation (better than Paradise turned out) before you left ... miss you and hope to see you in May! :-) xo, sara

ps- come back anytime; you have several houses who'd be happy to have you!