Wednesday, March 3, 2010

4 months old




So I tried to tell myself that b/c February doesn't have 30 days you aren't turning 4months this month:) That I have an extra month before I have to admit it to myself, but it didn't work. Despite my sadness that my baby is growing so quickly, you keep growing! And growing and growing! This month has brought a lot of changes for you!
At 4 months-
-you weighed 16 pounds, 8 ounces at 3.5 months!
-had to go to the doctor for the first time because of an illness, you caught a bad cold from Kayden and mommy, but you didn't need any medicine, just lots of breastmilk, a humidifier and saline drops were the doctor's orders!
-you are now interested in toys, you hold thema nd turn them around and put them in your mouth
-love love love to just watch your big brother and when he comes to give you some attention you smile instantly and I love seeing your face light up!
-are just so stinkin happy all the time! Your days are full of smiles and laughter and the O-N-L-Y time you cry is when you are really hungry or really tired.
-Coo and goo and squeel alot during the day
-Have rolls on top of rolls that mommy has to clean between (bet you'll loving knowing that in 30 years!)
-Have only had breastmilk to eat and drink (mommy must make super milk b/c you doubled your weight by 3.5 months!) you nurse on demand every 3 or so hours. During the night you usually sleep thru the night but right now your going thru your 4 month growth spurt (can you really be getting bigger??!!) and your nursing alot during the night and day
-sleep in bed with mommy at night/in your crib for naps
-have a secret hold you like for falling asleep in, you tuck your head in b/t my arm and chest, face down and you go to sleep right away that way!
-love doing finger plays w/ me! Patty-cake, itsy bitsy spider, wheels on the bus, this little piggy. You anticipate your favorite parts and start to smile and then break into a laugh when you know that the best part is coming up. Patty Cake-you love it when we "throw it in the pan", Itsy Bitsy-you love it when we "wash it all away" and "when the sun comes out", little piggy-you love it when the piggy runs up your body and I tickle you, wheels on the bus you like each of the motions, bus wheels rolling, wipers swishing, ppl going up and down, etc.
-like playing peek-a-boo w/ me, I'm the only one playing really but you like when I surprise you and my head pops over the blanket, you start to laugh.
-weighed you yesterday and your now 18 pounds!!?!
-wear size 9 months in Carters, 6-12 months in other clothes
-in size 3 pampers diapers!
-love to roll over. Go from back to tummy as soon as I lay you on your back.

Breck I love you more and more each day. You are my baby boy and I can't get enough of you, when I'm away from you for even an hour I miss you and can't wait to get home to see you. It has been a great 4 months having you apart of our family! You are such a special little gift from God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, sweet boy!! He has the greatest baby smile!! :)

Anna