
Kayden lately you have become mommy's little man all over again! You have always been my little heartbeat outside my heart but lately you have been so attached to your mommy. You love showering me with hugs and kisses and want mommy to do everything with you. I love it. I'm soaking in every moment because I'm very scared that in the next couple weeks when baby brother arrives you might be a little mad at me for awhile so I need to enjoy the hugs and kisses now. And I love having this special time with just you. Today before nap we were reading "I love you this much" and after we read that and your other stories you said "I love you this much mommy" and held your hands out wide and then said "and this much" and held your hands up high just like in the book. Then you said "I love you to the moon and back 3 times mommy". And I melted! For you to express your love for me in words like that was so special. And the fact that you had to times it by 3 makes it even better! I love you to the moon and back a thousand times baby boy.
Some cute things your doing/saying at the moment:
*On Sunday daddy let me stay in bed a few extra minutes and I heard you guys out in the playroom and daddy yawned a loud yawn. You said "Daddy no do that", Daddy said "do what", you said "go eaaawwwww", so daddy did it again and you said "daddy no do that again, too loud!"
*If you don't want someone near you you'll vocalize it right in front of them "Mommy don't want THAT lady by me!" (You did this at the hair place, Gap and at a picnic table at the park, makes for an embarrassed mommy!) The lady at the hair place had short spikey, red hair.....so I guess I need to culture you a little more!
*Every airplane that flies by has namma or gampa in it to this day, weeks after their visit. Today you saw 2 airplanes at once and you said "namma in dat aipane and gampa in dat one"
*My belly gets constant love from you "mommy open the baby up" which means to lift my shirt and you hug him, kiss him, talk to him, show him toys, etc.
*On Monday I got up early to get daddy a Latte for his birthday and when I got home you were waiting for me in the garage and said "Mommy you no go bye bye w/o ME!" And then promptly decided to freak out that I got daddy a breakfast sandwich for his birthday from Starbucks and only got you a water, lucky for you daddy is a sucker and gave you some of his sandwich before he left for work!
*Last night before we went to do bedtime you gave daddy a kiss on his leg and a hug and we were off to read stories. Daddy came in for a minute and read one of our stories w/ us and when he was leaving he asked for a kiss goodnight and you threw your little arms up and then let them hit your legs and said "Already daddy" he said what? you said "Already kissed you in the bafroom" and threw your arms up again as if to say come on get w/ it daddy! Of course you loved that this made mommy bust into laughter and you kept doing it over and over.
*You LOVE the bunnies that live in our greenspace. You can't wait to see them every morning and every night on our walk. You saw a lady feeding them carrots and now you have to take them a carrot every morning. When we start walking you put your finger over your mouth and say "shhh mommy, bunnies" and you pretend to tiptoe. But as soon as you see them you can't stop yourself and you go running at them screaming "HI BUNNIES, HI bunnies" and then they of course run off. You chase them and then yell at them to eat the carrots and surprisingly they usually do come back for the treat you have for them.
*You love pop music but aren't a big fan of country. If I have the pop station on you love to tell me to make it "Louder mommy, louder" and you jam out. But if it's on country if I turn it up you tell me "No mommy too loud".
*You have an amazing memory (better than mommy for sure!). You remember where we see each halloween decoration on our walk, where we have ever seen a cat or other exciting thing. You remember what scares your friends or what happened when they were over and you love to retell it over and over. For example if Maverick is coming over you'll say "Maverick scared of Didi mommy, he go AHHH" or if I give you the green bowl with your noodles "Tula have to have green too" b/c she got upset you had pink the last time she was here so we had to give you both green to stop the wars.
*Along the lines of storytelling....yesterday we went to meet Baby Evan and see Camila. Well you got to see his diaper being changed and I told you what the umbilical cord was for, why Brenda was putting medicine on his "weenie" and then you saw him nursing. Well when daddy came home you told him ALL about it. That he has a cord coming out of his belly button and that you used to and that was how you ate from mommy and that your baby has a cord to eat right now. That he has an owie on his weenie and that most little boys get an owie on their weenie when they are born and then he had mommy's milk and you lifted up your shirt to show daddy where he got milk from! I couldn't believe the detail you told daddy and that you remembered all of that new info you had learned hours before! You were definetely studying Evan closely b/c you know your going to have one soon! When we left Brenda's you said "My want baby like baby Evan NOW mommy". So I'm hoping you really will when he arrives!
*You use "My" instead of I, and I love it:) I know the speechie in me should be trying to correct it but your so ahead w/ all your speech I'm not worried, I'm going to enjoy this little bit of toddler talk you do now b/c I know you have nothing of a speech disorder and you'll soon correct it and then I'll miss my baby saying My instead of I.
*Say "Mommy come pay wit me" whenever you aren't getting my full attention
*When you want someone to come w/ you or follow you you slap your leg like your calling a dog!!
*Love rhyming words. We started rhyming words w/ you when we were bathing you, whatever body part we were washing we'd rhyme at the moment, (arm, farm, harm, etc). Now you bust out in rhymes all the time and if I do words that don't rhyme and ask you if they do you tell me "no dat don't rhyme mommy!" or "no dats not right"
*If I hurt myself or you accidently do and I let you know I'm hurt you quickly say over and over "it okay mommy, it okay"
*If I cry or pretend to you quickly give me kisses and tell me "No lye (cry) mommy, no lye!" in a frantic need to stop now mommy voice!
*You love art, painting, pottery, coloring, glueing, anything artsy you love. Of course this is hard for mommy....I'm the LEAST artsy person around! Lucky for you you have an architect as a daddy who can draw anything and loves to color! He did it for 6 years in college so he can teach it all to you, unlucky for you mommy is the one at home w/ you most of the time so hopefully you can be creative despite me!
*You still prefer to be naked when at home you call it "naki" and strip down whenever you can!
*You are 100% potty trained, haven't had an accident during the day in a really long time. At night you go weeks without an accident and then you'll randomly have a couple nights where you have one, these are usually related to daddy giving you a drink after you go potty!
*You call water "Lala" even though you can say water just fine:)
*Your favorite color is yellow!
No comments:
Post a Comment