Yesterday I was nursing Kayden in his nursery and I happened to look up at his 1st year Calendar and saw the sticker that said 9 months! Somehow I had let it totally slip my mind that he turned 9 months and I started to cry thinking that my baby was already 9 months old. I remembered holding my tiny baby and all the mommies of older babies/children telling me to cherish every minute because it goes so fast and now I see that they were so right. Back in October my mom and I were walking home from Starbucks and a dad was in the park with his twin toddlers who had just started to walk and Kayden was snug and tiny in his baby bjorn and I thought that was SO far away. I couldn't even imagine him taking his first steps. And now he is pulling himself up on anything he can reach, cruising along furniture, standing by himself for seconds when he doesn't realize he is doing it, and that moment when my baby will be toddling around is not far off and it somehow totally snuck up on me. I feel like I try to cherish every minute and I hope I am. What they all told me and I thought was crazy is so true, it goes so fast. I am scared for that day I wake up and realize my baby is in kindergarten or highschool or leaving for college. But for now I get to rock him to sleep, laugh when he pulls my shirt down to nurse, respond to his every "mama" call, dry his tears and make provoke his adorable belly laughs. I get to be the most important person in his life for now and that is all I'm going to focus on for now.......we'll worry about the big boy times later. For now, he is my baby boy!!
2 comments:
I cant believe they are all growing up so fast! I look at pics and they were all so little. June will be a fun month with all the birthdays!
I know it. Can't we keep them our little babies forever? I can't believe how fast time has flown by. Happy belated 9 month Kayden!
Post a Comment