Friday, September 7, 2012

One year......





Dear Maycie Kim,
Today you turned one! I can't believe it and I get teary eyed everytime I think about it. It seems like just yesterday the Dr. told us you had a ton of dark hair and I excitedly waited for you to finish your entrance to this world. I can remember your smell, your sweet, soft new baby skin, the way you quieted instantly when you were first put in my arms. The complete joy we had knowing our baby girl was safe earthside in our arms. I was so very excited to have a daughter, a little princess to play dolls with, have tea parties with, watch at dance recitals, go shopping with, do nails with and dress in cute girly clothes. Daddy and I were so very excited to all you would bring into our lives.

A year later all the hopes and dreams I had for having a daughter have come true and more. You are already such a girly girl, you love pink, and have an obsession with shoes that makes everyone around you smile:) (it also gets you alot of cute shoes! smart girl!:) You love your dolls and give the biggest smile whenever you see one and instantly grab them to hug and kiss them. You love pretending to have a tea party with your little tea set and feeding your baby dolls is another favorite playtime. Girly girl all the way...and your mommy and daddy couldn't love it more.

You are such a joy to be around, your smile is ear to ear and comes on easily and often. You have an infectious giggle and a great sense of humor, so many things make you laugh already lighten the mood no matter what is going on, your giggle and laughter makes it all happier.

You love communicating and do big head shakes for yes and no all day long telling us what you think, want or need. You say mama when you see me and if I'm gone and you want me:) When daddy walks in the door you get so excited and say dadda while you hop around and patiently wait for him to get to you and say hello...I LOVE seeing my baby girl with her daddy! You are starting to follow directions, like "put the truck on your head" and you do it! You will go to the top of the stairs if I ask you if you want to go downstairs to play and will go to the bathroom if I ask you if it's time for bath. I love watching you connect with your big world and not just being an observer but an active participant.

I feel like everyday I get to know you better baby girl. You are such a happy little soul, you love to cuddle and hug and kiss the people around you, you are my best friend, you never want to be far from your mama, I'm such a lucky girl to have a built in BFF :) Every morning I wake up excited to see what you will learn and do that day, you have brought so much to our family, we are so very blessed to have you.

I love you to the moon and back baby girl. Happy 1st birthday, this first year was such a joy with you, we are so excited for the year to come. I can't wait to watch you grow and change everyday and see more and more the little person you will become. Being your mom is one of the best things I have gotten to do in this life, I am a lucky, blessed lady!

Love you,
Your mama

At one year you.........
*wear size 3 diapers
*wear 12-18 month clothes and size 4 shoes
*eat what we eat, not much you don't like so far
*your favorite breakfast food is eggs
*your favorite fruit is raspberries
*your favorite veggie is sweet potatoes
*nurse about 3 times a day and during the night as you wish:)
*Love playing outside
*love your brothers and get so excited when they enter the room
*love your daddy and seeing him get home at night
*LOVE your mama and always want to be close to her
*LOVE shoes....if we can't find you you are usually in your room playing with your shoes, trying to get them on
*LOVE your dolls
*say mama, dada, hi, done, and sign all done and milk. Shake your head YES and NO all day long as we ask you yes and no questions.
*Wave bye bye, play patty cake and clap when you are happy:)
*love playing chase and tickle and peek a boo

No comments: