Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thrilled!!!


Cute little footsies!

The "PROOF" is in "da bootie" :) :) :) :) :) :)!!!!! YAY!!!!

Yesterday we found out that the tiny little baby dancing in my belly is a little ballerina! We had our anatomy scan, and brought Kayden with us to let him see his baby sibling on the screen. The tech asked us right away if we wanted to know gender and when we said yes, she went right to the "money" shot and told us she was sure it was a GIRL. This made mommy freak out, crying and screaming and laughing all at once. I was SO happy to find out that you were a HER, SHE, Tutu wearing little girl. So happy that you have 2 adorable big brothers to watch over you and protect you. Just SO stinkin happy with how our little dream of a family is coming to a reality. I can't even articulate how perfect it is to us to have our 2 little boys and our little girl growing in my belly. You and your brothers are our dream come true! The tech after the big news announcement went over all of your parts and everything looked great and measured right on time and everytime the tech would tell us something she would say "SHE" or "HER" little feet, etc. And everytime I heard it was more real that we get a DAUGHTER and your brothers get a SISTER!
Dr. Welch our OB gave me a big hug when she first saw me and told me she was so thrilled I had a baby girl growing in my belly! She said she looked at everything and it all looked perfect. Your placenta is anterior which is why I feel less movement than I did with your big brothers.
We had thought we'd wait until you were born to let everyone find out you were a little diva....but your big brother knew you were a girl and we couldn't keep it a secret then! I text your grandma and uncles and told them I knew what you were "hahahaha" and when they called to find out big brother yelled "it's a girl" to grandma:) So the secret was out. You are the little princess we all had hoped for!
That night we went to Chipolte for dinner (that is your daddy's ABSOLUTE favorite place to eat...even more than any nice place, he loves his Chipolte...so since he gave me the girl I wanted so badly I figured I'd give him his Chipolte:) And you have made your mama love mexican food this pregnancy (with your brothers I couldn't eat or even smell Chipolte so daddy is super happy you like it:) so I was good with daddy's choice. Then we went to the mall and I shopped for some girly things for you to celebrate! Had to get you a cute little tutu, PINK of course!
I can't wait to decorate your nursery, buy you tons of girly clothes, put little bows in your hair and tights on you! I am just soooo excited for every bit of having a daughter! I look forward to many spa days with you, pedis, shopping trips and ballet classes. I am just over the moon to have you growing in my belly!

1 comment:

Derek and Maura said...

So happy for all of you!!! A girl will be such a fun change and those boys will definitely protect her over the years (or maybe she will end up dating their friends - ha ha!). Congrats!!

P.S. your hubby is SO smart for loving Chipotle - it's my fave too :-) I couldn't eat it with my pregnancies either.