Thursday, July 2, 2009

At 2 years...



Kayden you are an amazing little 2 year old and surprise me everyday with something new. I'm loving this age and stage with you, you are so excited about everything in life....but parts of this stage are also very difficult. You have taken to having tantrums when things don't go your way and you are very opinionated (not sure where you get that from:-).
At 2 you.....
*have been pretty much day time potty trained for 3 weeks already! We got home from our trip to NE and you asked to put your underwear on (before that you wouldn't let me put them on you!) and from that day forward you haven't worn a diaper during the day. You keep your diaper dry during naptime too!! I still haven't tried the night time potty training yet, but I'm very proud of you for being potty trained before you were 2!!!!!!! We do still have accidents now and then but for the most part you do awesome!
*Just started calling me MOMMY and dadda is now DADDY!!!! You hung on to mama and dadda for a long time and now that you say mommy and daddy I get a huge smile everytime I hear it!!
*love to be "ouside", wake up in the morning asking to go "ou-ide" and ask all day until we go out in the HEAT!!
*you love swimming in the pool, kicking and blowing bubbles and riding on mommy or daddy's back are tons of fun for you right now. Jumping in is alot of fun too!
*help me "read" your books now. You are so proud of yourself when I omit a word and ask you to fill it in for me, you love it when you can "read":-) A book that you love to do this with is The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle. You do all the animal sounds and usually can tell me what the animals do "roll in the mud" and you roll your little arms around. And you tell me what the spider is doing by filling in the word "web" on every page.
*Sleep in your own bed all night several times a week!!! This is huge little man! It's taken 2 years but you have done it on your own and mommy is so proud of you! (I do still love to wake up with you snuggled up next to me though...now that your in your big bed you just walk over and climb in bed so I'll wake up to a surprise cuddle!)
*You are now sleeping in a full size bed! Such a big boy (and you love the extra comfy bed!)
*Talk up a storm, your sentence length is great for a 2 year old! Your sounds still are substituted but mommy can understand almost everything you say. Sometimes I try really hard though and I can't and then you get super frustrated b/c you know what you want and don't understand why I can't get it. You are starting to put more ends on your words which is helping the intelligibility of your phrases.
*You continue to get better at retelling the events of your day in little stories to daddy or mommy, and love answering questions about what you did that day.
*love to get phone calls from Grandma or your Uncles, you take our phone from us and will say "ello, Gma" or "ello Mar" and that means you want to talk to them:) You also love getting stuff in the mail from Grandma, cards with "Meme" are great or packages are super exciting!
*Love "Meme"=money. Grandma taught you about it in Kearney (mommy always uses her debit card), she'd let you pay for things and you'd get to keep the change. You thought this was super cool and ever since then love meme! You search my purse for it and love collecting it in your piggy bank. When I do randomly have some cash you love paying for whatever we are buying, or if you get to pick something out and buy it w/ your "meme" that you took from me that is even better!
*Love art projects. You have your own art box full of stickers, foam pieces, paint, glitter glue, glue sticks, markers, crayons, ribbon, etc and you love creating masterpieces! You get very proud of your work and can't wait for daddy to get home to show him your latest creation!

I love getting to know you more each day! Everyday you seem to teach me a little bit more about who you are and it's so fun discovering the little person I created. 2 has been great for you so far!

No comments: